It’s the first of many manic Mondays for our nation, and especially for the orange monster and its trumpeters. They are very busy attempting to explain away all the proposed cabinet members who will soon be added to the swamp. That very same Washington DC Swamp the monster promised to drain.
Instead of draining DC’s cesspool, the President-elect will be filling it to the brim with the most horrendous parasites lifeforms that humanity has to offer. Thus, by comparison, making Love Canal1 of the late seventies as inviting as the pristine waters of the Bahamian’s Atlantis Resort.
A sampling of the those suited-up, ready to jump into the polluted pit are: Sephen K. Bannon who will be the White House Chief Strategist; who led the racist, xenophobic, Islamophobic, homophobic and misogynistic website Breitbart News. He alone will clog the drain of the swamp. But not to be outdone, he’ll have apt company in the form of Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus who will serve as White House Chief of Staff . . . those two will surely cause the swamp to be dredged to make room for the rest of the usual suspects:
- Vice President-elect, and Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, who explodes out of the starting gates as Transition Chairman (and chief trumpeter) who steadfastly opposes Roe v. Wade2 and is extremely homophobic; he believes homosexuality is still a DSM disorder.3
The Vice Chairmen of the transition team are:
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a failed presidential candidate who was recently demoted from transition chairman due to loyalty issues (a gross faux pas in Trumpland); so there’s hope that he’ll soon be banished under a bridge to live out life as a troll.
- Ben Carson, also a failed presidential candidate who formerly opposed the Orange Monster but who is now gulping, regurgitating and spewing the monster’s Kool-Aid.
- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich … well, we all know what a flawed and horrible biological specimen he is.
- Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, passed over as the monster’s running mate and probably given this post to keep him from crying and throwing a Bamm-Bamm fit.
- Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, a wretched wisp who wishes that time stopped in the days following 9/11, the only time he acted as a rational life form.
- Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions – holly shit, the biggest piece of shit in the swamp and he brings along his chief of staff, Rick Dearborn, who occupies the position of executive director of the trumpeters’ transition team.
And, just like on Gilligan’s Island, the rest are here too; in the form of members of the presidential transition team’s executive committee:
- Pennsylvania Rep. Lou Barletta
- Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn
- Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
- New York Rep. Chris Collins
- Jared Kushner, Trump son-in-law and publisher of New York Observer
- Pennsylvania Rep. Tom Marino
- Rebekah Mercer, hedge fund heiress
- Steven Mnuchin, Trump campaign finance chairman and former Goldman Sachs partner
- California Rep. Devin Nunes, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee
- Anthony Scaramucci, founder of SkyBridge Capital
- Peter Thiel, venture capitalist and co-founder of PayPal
- And last and surely least – the Trump children: Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump.
“These are the days when you wish your bed was already made. It’s just another manic Monday. I wish it was Sunday.”4
Copyright © 2016 – Hunting For Thompson – All Rights Reserved
4 The Bangles. Manic Monday. Columbia Records. 1986. Vinyl Recording.